Today I am chatting with Sami Bell, founder of SURE Parenting. We talk all about how you can experience a parenting mindset change to respectful parenting. Sometimes our children’s perceived behavior issues stem from our perception of them and how we approach parenting itself. When we act intentionally and change our view of our kids, we are more successful as parents.
Here are a few things we chat about in this episode:
- The benefits of respectful parenting.
- How to shift to respectful parenting, even if you weren’t raised that way.
- Respectful parenting vs. permissive parenting.
- Recognizing age-appropriate behavior in your kids and why it’s vital to your parenting success.
- Disequilibrium in kids… what is it and how the heck does it impact your children?
We also offer some words of encouragement for those who are struggling with executing respectful parenting…. IT’S A JOURNEY! It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen with consistency!
Resources mentioned in this podcast episode: